Kid’s Club meets on Wednesday nights from 6:45 – 8:00 PM!
Kid’s Club is for all children in Kindergarten – 5th grade and meets nearly every week there is school from 6:45 to 8:00 pm. A meeting usually consists of a Bible story, singing, snacks, games, occasional crafts, and a Bible lesson. Please click here to register your child for Kid’s Club!
If your child needs a ride to Kid’s Club, please call van coordinator Sharon Frank before 4:30 PM Wednesday at 517-425-0634.
In September we will be talking about Elijah and Elisha and the events on Mt. Carmel, when Elijah was taken to heaven, and with Naaman. Our memory verse 9/5-9/12 is worth 15 KC pts. It is Proverbs 1:7 “Knowledge begins with respect for the Lord. But foolish people hate wisdom and discipline.” On 9/19 we will begin our next verse, worth 12 KC pts. It is 1 Peter 5:6 So be humble under God’s powerful hand. Then he will lift you up when the right time comes. For 8 bonus points on 9/19, kids can also say 1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you.
On 9/5 we will be making Fire Sticks in crafts!
The first bonus Bible reading worksheet (2 Kings 2:1-14) is due by the end of the 9/12 Kids’ Club. 4 KC pts. will be awarded for each correct answer (up to 20 KC pts. total). The next Bonus Bible Reading Worksheet will be available 9/19 and due 10/10. Bible Reading Bookmarks will be available each week to review the Bible story at home! Bonus questions can be answered for 6+ extra points.
This year Kid’s Club will offer KC points for attendance, Bible memorization, bringing your Bible, bringing a visitor, and attending Sunday School. KC points can be used to purchase prizes at any time. The ultimate prize is a trip to Chuck E. Cheese on June 12, 2019 from 12:45 – 7:30 PM! The Chuck E. Cheese trip costs 400 Kid’s Club points.
KC points can be earned in the following ways:
- Good Behavior 1-5 per week
- Come to Kid’s Club 3 per week
- Bring Bible to Kid’s Club 5 per week
- Attend Sunday School 5 per week
- Saying a memory verse 12-15 per week said
- Bringing a 1st time visitor 10 per visitor
- Register for KC 10 points
- Bible Reading Bookmark Up to 6 points/week
- Bonus Worksheet Up to 20 points/month
For more information about Kid’s Club contact Children’s Pastor Jody Saunders at 517-918-2849 (call/text) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special dates to be aware of:
- There will be no Kid’s Club on Wednesday, September 26. Children are encouraged to attend Western Day Ministries’ FREE Rodeo at the Hillsdale County Fair.
- There will be no Kid’s Club on Wednesday, October 31. But there will be a Trunk or Treat at the church from 6:00 – 8:00 PM!
- On Wednesday, November 14 we will have a Thanksgiving Feast during Kid’s Club. Each child is welcome to bring 10 servings of their favorite food to share.
- There will be no Kid’s Club on Wednesday, November 21, but there should be a Community Thanksgiving Service on Tuesday, November 20 at 7:00 PM (location TBA).
- Kid’s Club Christmas party will take place December 19.
- There will be no Kid’s Club December 26 or January 2 due to Christmas Break. There is a Christmas Eve service at 7:00 PM that everyone is welcome to attend.
- If there are 3 or more inches of snow on January 23 we will have a sledding party during Kid’s Club. (Bring snow gear!) Backup sledding party date: February 20.
- On February 13 we will be making cookie and card deliveries to local shut-ins during Kid’s Club. A permission slip will be required for those making the deliveries.
- We will have our annual Passover Meal (AKA Sedar meal) on March 27.
- There will be no Kid’s Club on Wednesday, April 3 due to Spring Break.
- Our Easter Party will be April 10.
- There will be no Kid’s Club on Wednesday, April 17 due to Holy Week services (Good Friday, Easter, and more).
There are special services for children 4 years old through 5th grade during the 10:50 worship service. Jr. Church kids meet in room 205 at the beginning of the service. Children can be picked up at the conclusion of the service in room 205.
Each week in Jr. Church we sing, have a Bible lesson along with lesson related activities, and a snack. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Children’s Pastor Jody Saunders at email@example.com or 517-918-2849.
The Sunday School hour is from 9:50 to 10:40 am. There are classes available for all ages, pre-school through adult. All children meet in the middle of the upstairs rooms for singing and teaching the first twenty minutes, and then they are dismissed to classes: Preschool-1st, 2nd-3rd and 4th-5th.
There is a 20 minute opening at the beginning of Sunday School (9:50 – 10:10 AM) where everyone meets in room 205. From September – December we work on a Christmas musical performed during the Sunday School time in December. From January – March we have a memory verse challenge where kids can earn fun parties by memorizing God’s Word.
The infant nursery is for those 0-1 years of age and meets in the lower level of the church in the room to the right of the bottom of the stairs. The toddler nursery is for children 2-4 years old and is located in the lower level of the church, meeting in the remainder of the rooms. The nursery is available during the 10:50 worship service on Sunday mornings, and also during the Wednesday evening services during the school year (for parents involved with the Wed. night services).
The Hillsdale Free Methodist Church takes part in the Hillsdale Community Kids College. This is a 5 day day camp that meets from 9AM – noon each day for children 7 – 14 years old. Visit hillsdalecommunity.wix.com/kids for more information.
Vacation Bible School
VBS 2019 will take place June 17-21 from 9:00 – 11:30 AM each day. All children 4 years old through entering 6th grade are welcome to attend. More information will be available in May 2019.
Click here to check out some fun stuff for kids!